Saturday, April 04, 2015

DIY Peeps Wands

Its that time of year, Easter and Peeps.  I love the adorable shape and sweet taste.  I needed a way to preserve these sweet delights to enjoy year round, the result Peeps as craft embellishments.  Using peeps in crafts is a great way to recycle any leftovers that never made it to the mouth, lol.

Every year I head to store and purchase a stash as soon as they become available for purchase. I save some for sharing at the Easter table, the others I open up the packaging and let air dry for a week so they are ready for crafting.

This project is fast an easy to do using paper straws, stale peeps, and lace ribbon ( I dyed with Rit Dye).  If you are looking for a creative way to serve edible peeps at the Easter dinner table, you can repeat this craft without glue and with fresh peeps opened the day of Easter. Sprinkle with edible glitter or colored sugar for more pizzazz.

To make your own Peeps Wands visit my step by step project on the Rit Studio site by clicking on this link: DIY PEEP WANDS

Other projects you can make are cards embellished with peeps, Spring/Easter assemblages, garland, banners.  Line a wooden frame with peeps.  What about peeps jewelry? Or how about peeps in a jar. Peeps in a box or peep crowns.

If you can't resist the urge to not eat your peeps for craft purposes, then make your own out of air dry clay such as model magic from Crayola.

 Hope you felt all the cuteness from these projects and head over to my tutorial at RitStudio.com to make your own.

xoxo
Lisa

No comments: